Production Notes from Joey Jones
This album is diverse. We needed to capture a lively and energetic performance as well as shape the tones to compliment the different genres the band is capable of delivering.
That being said, we pretty much used everything PLUS the kitchen sink on this record.
I use Pro Tools as my DAW with Universal Audio Apollo quad as my interface and a Dangerous D-Box for summing.
- API 3124
- UA 4110
- UA 610 mic pres.
Some of the mics used:
- vintage Shure 545's
- Sennheiser 421's
- Cascade ribbons
- oktavamod LDC's
- Shure Sm7b
- variety of Audix dynamics, etc.
Having a variety of gear on my end helped capture the vast amount of gear the band used such as:
- 3-4 custom built drum kits of all sizes and material
- tons of boutique guitar pedals
- a great collection of vintage and modern tube amps
- and a variety of high-end guitars and basses.
We went all out on this album and captured some very unique tones and textures, which was the goal.